Posted: December 23, 2016 Contributor: administrator
Tips for Managing Your Birth Control While Traveling for the Holidays
The holidays are often the busiest and most chaotic time of year for many people. Whether you are staying home or traveling for the holiday season, taking your birth control pill may slip your mind. That is why we’ve compiled a list of tips to stay on top of your birth control during the holidays.
1. If you are traveling to a different area of the country, or overseas, consider using a time zone chart and set alarms on your phone to ensure that you are taking the pill at the right time throughout your trip. Need some help figuring out the time difference? Here’s a time zone calculator to help you out. http://www.thetraveldoctor.com.au/resources/timezone/
2. Be sure to refill your prescription before your trip, as your brand/type of pill might not be available where you are traveling.
3. Do not keep your birth control in your luggage if you plan on checking a bag on a flight or train ride. Luggage often becomes lost & you don’t want to risk losing your pills as well. Always keep a pack in your purse or carry-on.
4. Life happens. If you forget or miss a pill, don’t stress out. Just take it as soon as you remember or take two pills the next day. Consider using backup protection, such as condoms, if you are going to have sex … better safe than sorry!
5. If you happen to lose or misplace your birth control while traveling, you can contact your local pharmacy to see if they can send a refill to a nearby pharmacy. If you are a PRJKT RUBY customer, refills can be mailed to you within 2-3 business days. If you are traveling abroad, the International Association for Medical Assistance to Travellers (IAMAT) can help you get health care. Their website lists the maximum charge rates for the doctors in their network. https://www.iamat.org/medical-directory